We are proud of our reputation and our top notch self-storage facilities. Here is how you should shop for storage -- we are sure you will choose us.
1. Is there a secure fence that is difficult to breach around the perimeter of the grounds? If not, keep searching for a more secure facility. Many self storage facilities are secured by electric fencing or strong no-cut iron gates that make it difficult to enter by any other method.
2. Is there ample lighting in all areas of the facility? If not, keep searching. Lighting is inexpensive and effective.
3. Is there 24/7 video surveillance with live monitoring? Constant surveillance provides an actual deterrent rather than just ?evidence? after the fact.
4. Does each unit have its own fire alarm and sprinkler? One Stop Storage facilities have independent alarms and sprinklers to assure adequate protection.
5. Does each unit have a secure lock and unit door alarm? This type of redundancy provides enhanced security at little additional cost.
6. Is there a gate opener with keypad in place? The best self storage facilities make sure every visitor is registered while keeping others out.
7. Is there an on-site communication system in place for the facility? In the event of an accident, unauthorized access or other problem it is a great method to retain full communication.
8. Does the facility require all visitors to sign-in before having access to the facility? This helps prevent unauthorized entry and discourages ?snooping? or scoping activity.
9. Is there an on-site manager who oversees the self storage facility at all times? This is a nice extra for units that provide 24/7 access.
10. Are individual units reinforced for additional security? Make sure intruders cannot access your unit from inside.
11. Are recessed doors and padlocks used? This dramatically reduces the ability to cut a lock and gain entry.
12. Some self storage facilities provide affordable insurance for your valuables while in storage. If your homeowners' policy isn't adequate, this is an option.
|© 2011-2012 One Stop Storage, Inc.|